Crossfit in 100 words

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, and no sugar. Keep intake levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: deadlift, clean, squat, presses, c&j, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc..hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports
- Coach Greg Glassman

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

6/16/15: Exclusive Coaching: week 1, day 1

Today was the first day in what I hope to be an incredibly exciting and rewarding journey. After fumbling around with the idea of getting a coach for quite some time now. I have finally made the decision to do it. I have been involved with OPEX (formerly OPT) for years now and even started working through the coaching certification they offer. I believe in the process OPEX provides so much that I feel like I would be missing out on an incredible journey if I hadn't  chosen to take part in it. After having my first consult with Matt Bryant over the phone, which lasted over an hour. I can Honestly say I feel extremely confident that the goals I have set will be reached. The amount of effort I see coming from my coach in just one phone call gives me even more drive to succeed. The coaches at OPT genuinely care about your success in this proccess. It is an incredibly big commitment but I feel confident that it was the right choice, and cannot wait to unlock my full potential in the sport of CrossFit. With that said. Testing has begun. 

A. SJ build to a max take your time video 
B1. Close grip bench press @20X0; 8-10; rest 20sec 
B2. AMRAP DU in 30sec; rest 2-3mins x 4 
C. Side plank max both side rest as needed bw sides 

5min 85% effort 
7 wall balls 20# 10' target 
8 walk lunges 
4 HSPU 
rest walk 2mins 
21, 15, 9 for time 
KBS 2pd 
Row cals



A. 185#
B1. 135x8 (all sets)
B2. 56,58,57,46
C. 1:12 right, 1:15 left 
+
5min @85% = 79 reps 
+
21-15-9 = 7:35


No comments:

Post a Comment